About the Office of Export Compliance
The Office of Export Compliance provides direction and stewardship of export controlled technology and restricted research to ensure that transfers to foreign parties in the research setting are consistent with U.S. export and sanctions regulations.
As a leading academic institution on the forefront of technological development and academic research, the University of Central Florida will strive to educate and conduct research in harmony with the export control laws, regulations, and sanctions of the United States.
The Office of Export Compliance collaborates with other academic departments and research units to:
- Support UCF's commitment to comply with U.S. export control policies, laws, regulations, and sanctions,
- Provide direction and solutions to researchers, faculty, staff, and employees in complying with export controls,
- Prevent inadvertent transfers of export controlled technologies,
- Educate, train, and foster compliance.
In addition the Office of Export Compliance:
- Participates in committees and process improvement teams and,
- Represents UCF as a member of the Association of University Export Control Officers (AUECO).