Some of Our Nationally and Internationally Recognized Institutes:
The Advanced Materials Processing and Analysis Center (AMPAC) is an interdisciplinary research and education center for materials science and engineering located at the University of Central Florida.
The Institute for Simulation and Training is an internationally recognized research institute that focuses on advancing modeling and simulation technology and increasing our understanding of simulation's role in training and education.
This is an exciting time for Biomedical Sciences at UCF with the recent establishment of the Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences aided by the generous support from the Burnetts.
Center for Research and Education in Optics & Lasers, a world leader in education, research, and industrial partnership.
The common goal and purpose of the center is to strongly promote basic research in computer vision and its applications in all related areas including National Defense & Intelligence, Homeland Security, Environment Monitoring, Life Sciences and Biotechnology and Robotics.
The Florida Photonics Center of Excellence was established with a $10 million grant from the State of Florida to create a new center of excellence within The College of Optics and Photonics at the University of Central Florida.
The Florida Solar Energy Center was created by the Florida Legislature in 1975 to serve as the state’s energy research institute.
Established in 1990, UCF founded the Space Education and Research Center (SERC) as a Type 2 State University System (SUS) institute, drawing from faculty and academic departments within UCF.
The NanoScience Technology Center is a research center at the University of Central Florida. It specializes in materials science engineering and nanoscience technology.
Established in 1997, the National Center for Forensic Science focuses on research in the areas of physical, biological and digital evidence.
Associated with CREOL, the College of Optics & Photonics and the Florida Photonics Center of Excellence (FPCE) it is funded by the State of Florida to develop the next generation of laser light engines for applications in medicine, advanced manufacturing and defense applications.
Other Organized Programs
These programs also offer researchers and students additional support in pursuit of their research goals:
- Center for Advanced Turbine and Energy Research
- Center for Advanced Transportation Systems Simulation (CATSS)
- Consortium for Research and Education in Arts & Technology
- Florida Canada Linkage Institute
- Florida Center for Nursing (FCN)
- Florida Eastern Europe Linkage Institute
- Florida Economic Gardening Institute
- Florida Institute of Government at UCF
- National Center for Simulation
- National Consortium for Academics and Sports
- Small Business Development Center
- Stormwater Management Academy
- UCF Marriage & Family Research Institute
- University of Central Florida Business Incubation Program